Happiness is Homemade
“I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” – John 14:18

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hello there.

Hi everyone! I'm Haley.

Thanks for checking out my blog. This started out as an assignment for class, but turned into something I really enjoy. Let me tell you a little about myself...

I am a college girl (Sic 'Em Bears) with a wonderful family and such loving, supportive parents. Nursing school starts in a couple months and I couldn't be more excited! I love to cook and bake, if I could do that all day instead of going to class and taking tests.. that'd be alright with me. You'll quickly learn that I love dogs, especially my puppy Cobe...whom you'll read about in a little bit. Enjoy!



Here I am with my sister, Heather. She is such a sweet, fun, and caring person who makes every day just a bit brighter. She impacts everyone she meet and is always just a phone call away. Reminiscing on childhood memories and impersonating people in our everyday lives are a daily occurrence. I am so blessed,  I could not have asked a better sister!


 I have a "puppy", Cobe. He is a full-blood golden retriever, and the love of my life. I wish puppies stayed small forever. He is the best thing to come home to. Always has his tongue hanging out of his mouth and he tends to get away with most of the naughty situations his curiosity leads him to. Seriously though- who can resist this furry face?!!

And this is him about a month ago... 74 pounds later! His 1st birthday is coming up in November.
Such a love bug!

If anyone knows anything about me.. they know my favorite show is Law & Order: SUV. My roommates (which are SO great!) and I watch it constantly. Thank the good Lord for DVR. 

Oh, and I must mention! I also live with a really cute puppy, Paris. I pretend she is my own from time to time (unless she has an attitude). She's fun and is always up for a good time. Her favorite time of the day is when were cooking in the kitchen, she is such a great taste-tester! Here she is with Gena, her mom and one of my fun roommates!
Paris loves pictures!!

I also really like peanut butter M&M's, my fish Sunshine, watching movies, shopping, Common Grounds, Mac & Cheese, walking the BT, cooking & baking.

Here's a new recipe that Gena and I tried out today, which turned out great!


Black Bean Chicken
3 thawed chicken breasts
2 cans black beans
16 oz salsa
1 cup brown rice
Put chicken in a slow cooker on low heat. Add black beans, salsa, and brown rice. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours. Serve and top with cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and other desired toppings. Enjoy!!
(This is a super easy recipe that is great for family dinner or girls night in!)


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping by. 

2 comments:

  1. you are such an incredible person hay.. & i am so honored and grateful to say you are my best friend. Im so happy you started to do this, its such a great idea! love you bunches and cant wait to read your next blog!
    meghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um thanks for telling me you started a blog!! Yay and congrats!!! I wanna follow you, so get that link up!

    Best,
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete