Happiness is Homemade
“I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” – John 14:18

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Crazy Crumbly Coffee Cakes

I got this recipe from one of my Hungry Girl cookbooks, which I might add, is the GREATEST cookbook I've ever known. She writes recipes for everything you could possibly need a meal idea for (snacks, drinks, and treats included) And if it can get any better, all of her recipes use alternative/healthier ingredients to keep our waists up to par! You can check her out on Facebook and buy a book or two: 


Before going into the oven :)

And Wah Lah! 
Yummy. I burned my tongue because I couldnt wait for these bad boys to cool before I sunk my teeth into them. They are delicious (and only 120 calories each)!

For the cake:
2 cups yellow cake mix
3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute 
(its egg whites that come in a milk carton)
1/4 cup sugar free hazelnut syrup
1 tsp. cinnamon

For the crumb topping:
1 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original)
2 tbsp + 2 tsp fat-free liquid egg substitute
2 tbsp. + 2 tsp applesauce
2 tbsp. Splenda
2 tsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 

In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the cake. Stir out as many of the lumps as you can. Line 12 cupcake muffin pan or spray them with nonstick. Evenly distribute the cake mixture.

To make the crumb topping, grind the Fiber One in a food processor or blender into a bread crumb consistency (we have a magic bullet at the house.. so thats what I used!) Transfer the crumbs to a mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, stirring with a fork. 
Evenly top each cupcake with the crumb mixture using your fingers.

Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and your yummy cupcakes are ready to eat (after a few minutes of cooling..which I was too impatient wait for!)

 Hope everyone has a great week this week. 
Do something special for someone

No comments:

Post a Comment