Happiness is Homemade
“I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” – John 14:18

Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Madness

Yet another Monday... but on a better note, 2 weeks until SPRING BREAK!! Can I get a whoop whoop?? WHOOP WHOOP! This spring break I am doing something SO fun.. studying. Nursing school really consumes your entire life, which I'm just now figuring out. First round of test were uh... "rough" I guess is the appropriate adjective. Now that I know how to study I hopefully will conquer the next ones a little better.

I got to spend the entire weekend with my favorite 4 legged baby. Mom and Dad headed to Austin for a couple days, which gave Cobe and I some quality hang out time. I never realize how much I miss him until I see his furry face. He is the greatest!! If any of y'all don't have a dog.. get one. 

Not a cat, get a dog! :)


I feel like we all have our doubts and fears in life. Last night- this verse practically fell into my lap. 

“Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray." Phil 4:6

I hope this brings everyone the encouragement it brought me!

Anyone who has been to my house or know me at all can tell you about my obsession with Nutella (and marshmallows!). The bad for you, chocolately, gooey, delicious, closest thing to heaven  jar has me sticking my spoon it in all day!  If  you're anything like me, this recipe will have you on the edge of your seat! I haven't got the chance to make it yet, but this week it'll be in the works!

Nutella-Mallow Pillow Pockets

You will need:

1 package puff pastry, 2 pastry sheets thawed
1 Cup Nutella spread 
(I'll probably use 2 cups.. I love it THAT much)
1 Cup mini marshmallows
Egg white wash
(1 egg white whisked with 1 Tbs water)
Powdered sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Cut each square of pastry into 4 equal size pieces. 
Spread a couple tablespoons of Nutella spread onto the center of each pastry leaving 1/2 inch border around edges.  Top each with about 12-15 mini marshmallows and fold over to form a little triangle.  Crimp edges firmly with the tines of a fork.  Brush with egg white wash then sprinkle with granulated sugar.  Bake for 22-25 minutes or until pastry just turns golden.  Remove and let cool for 5 minutes, sprinkle with powdered sugar then dig in!
Makes 8 pockets

No comments:

Post a Comment